Student Blogging Challenge Sign-up and Weekly assignment Work
- Use proper English. Do not use text language or shortcuts.
- Always check your post for spelling and grammar errors before publishing.
- This is a public space – you should be proud of everything that you post.
- Complete all assignments on time.
- Comment kindly. Even if you are going to critique someone’s post, include at least two positives before you post a criticism.
- Do not write about anyone without their permission.
- Do not post pictures of anyone without permission.
- Give credit to sources by posting a link to the source where you got the information. Make sure the link is appropriate for school!
- Respect other opinions.
- Do not post any personal information on the internet.
- Use only your first name and last initial.
- Do not post a link to an outside source unless you know that the contents are safe and appropriate for school
- Free Choice – Choose one topic each week to write about and publish on your blog. You can find a list of blog topics by clicking here. Each post should be a minimum of one paragraph, but remember that your classmates will be reading and responding to your posts.
- Signpost Journal – Choose one signpost entry from your journal to share with your peers. Make sure to include the book, page number, a description of the signpost, and how what you read helped your understanding of a theme or character from the book.
- Peer Response – As a community of learners, you can help each other by commenting on blogs to provide constructive feedback, ask questions, and make connections.